Keep Your Real Estate Career Alive and Well...
License about to expire? Avoid forfeiting commissions by renewing your license and continuing your education with us!
Each renewal requires 45 hours of real estate coursework and can be completed with the following:
- PDF Document Download
- Online Quizzes and Final Exams
- Includes Management & Supervision
*Physical textbooks may be ordered as a backup to the PDFs for an additional $10 each (not including shipping).
The following courses are included:
- Real Estate Contracts (12 hrs)
- Disclosure Obligations (12 hrs)
- Agency (3 hrs)
- Ethics (3 hrs)
- Fair Housing (3 hrs)
- Trust Funds (3 hrs)
- Risk Management (3 hrs)
- Management & Supervision (3 hrs)
- Financing & TRID (3 hrs)
The following courses are included:
- Real Estate Contracts (12 Hours)
- Disclosure Obligations (12 Hours)
- Investment Property Analysis (7 Hours)
- Real Estate Red Flags (6 Hours)
- 8-Hour Survey Course (8 Hours)*
*Our 8-Hour Survey Course covers the mandatory subjects of Agency, Ethics, Fair Housing, Risk Management, Trust Fund Handling, and Management & Supervision.
All active real estate salespersons and brokers are issued a four-year period for their license. These must be renewed prior to the expiration date listed on the license in order to be valid.
DRE mails a renewal reminder letter to the licensee's mailing address of record approximately 60 days prior to the license expiration date. The reminder letter is sent as a courtesy only and non-receipt of the letter does not relieve the licensee from the responsibility of renewing the license.
How It works
The minimum time of continuing education completion is 6 days from the date of enrollment. First, you must wait days before accessing ANY final exam. After that, DRE Regulations limit final examination completion to a maximum of 15 credit hours during any one 24-hour period. This gives you an additional 3 days to complete all course final exams. Advantages of the digital download courses (no printed textbooks) is instant access and online final exams.
Licenses may also be renewed by completing and submitting all of the items listed below:
- Salesperson Renewal Application (RE 209) or Broker Renewal Application (RE 208). Be sure to read all instructions and information before completing the application. No changes of any kind will be made to an application once it has been received by the DRE.
- Continuing Education Course Verification (RE 251).
- Applicable fee. See Section VIII Fees. Acceptable methods of payment include checks or money orders made payable to the Department of Real Estate or credit cards (see Credit Card Payment (RE 909) available on the DRE website). Do not send cash.
- Out-of-State residents must have a Consent to Service of Process (RE 234) on file with the DRE. This form must be completed, signed, and notarized. Salespersons must be employed by a California broker, if engaging in business in California.
- Brokers must maintain a California business address, if engaging in business in California. If not engaging in business in California, brokers must file an Out-of-State Broker Acknowledgment (RE 235).
On-Time Renewals: You may use eLicensing or submit your renewal application 90 days prior to your license expiration date. If your eLicensing transaction is completed or your application is postmarked before midnight on your license expiration date, then your renewal is on time! If you renew on-time, Business and Professions Code Section 10156.2 permits you to continue operating under your existing license after its expiration date unless notified otherwise by the DRE.
Late Renewals: If you fail to renew your license on-time (prior to your license expiration date), you may renew your license during the two-year late renewal period immediately following your license expiration date. You cannot, however, perform activities requiring a real estate license until your license has been renewed.
What if I’m ready to enroll?
If you’re ready for us, then we’re ready for you! You always welcome to attend a future Career Day, but until then, let’s embark your journey to success!