We’ve all heard the saying, “pay it forward” and spring is an ideal time to do just that. Some charities receive up to a third of their annual donations in December but through the winter months, charitable offerings tend to wane. If you’ve got a little excess at the moment, why not “spring it forward” this season?
With nice weather and gardens beginning to bloom, it’s time to start thinking about spring cleaning and refreshing your home. It’s also the perfect time to think about ways to give back to your community.
10 Ways You Can Spring It Forward
Offering your time can be just as important as giving a financial gift. Whether you want to support people in your neighborhood, impact your environment, or help international organization, there are plenty of options for giving. Here are some ways you can help others today.
- Give Stuff Away – Spring cleaning and de-cluttering often leads to purging items you no longer need. Giving to charitable organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, or March of Dimes can help fund programs and provide for people in need.
- Sell Junk and Donate the Proceeds – If you need to earn some cash from your sales, no problem. Consider giving a portion to a food bank, church, or other charity.
- Pick Up Trash – You can have an impact on your local environment by cleaning up a nearby beachfront, park, or sports field. Help the environment and enjoy the fresh air and spring blooms.
- Serve in a Food Kitchen – Get to know homeless people or those with low income who struggle to make ends meet. Help by serving meals or grab a group of friends and host a dinner yourself.
- Participate in Fundraising Events – Help out with yard sales, festivals, and online events to raise money for your favorite cause.
- Assist Seniors with Lawn Maintenance or Seasonal Cleaning – Many seniors or people with special needs can’t do these tasks themselves and money might be too tight to hire them out. Consider volunteering your time. They will appreciate it more than you know.
- Foster Rescue or Therapy Animals – Whether animals are rescued from abuse or wildfires, or being trained to provide therapy, volunteers are always needed to take care of them. If you’re an animal lover, this is a great way to give.
- Deliver Groceries to Vulnerable Neighbors – Many people need to isolate, during the pandemic, to protect their own or their loved ones’ health. If you have extra time on your hands, volunteer to run errands or shop for these folks.
- Provide Companionship to a Person with a Disability – People with special needs often feel isolated and Covid-19 hasn’t helped. Many would appreciate a visit or a video chat.
- Plant Trees – Many organizations work together to rehabilitate California forests after wildfires. If you can help, invest your time or money in reforestation projects like 8 Billion Trees or the Penny Pines project.
While social distancing has impacted some of these opportunities, there are always people or causes in need of your help. If you’re looking for ways to get involved, California Volunteers can connect you to a wide variety of non-profit groups who would be glad to have you aboard.
While You’re Giving, Why Not Give Yourself the Gift of a New Career?
Life in a pandemic has made things just a little crazy. Maybe your education switched to online learning or maybe you lost your job. Maybe you’ve decided to take your career in another direction. Why not try real estate? You can make a substantial living while setting your own schedule and shaping your own future.
If you’ve got questions, check out an upcoming virtual Career Day event. Our licensed, active professionals will answer all your questions about how to get started in the industry and whether real estate is right for you.
Spring into Something New
If you’re ready to jump into a real estate career, we’ve got all the training you need to get licensed and working in as little as three months. We’ll walk you through all the steps to a fulfilling career as an entrepreneur.
Our Group Study and Fast Track programs offer interactive or self-paced, online learning or in-class sessions to meet your real estate licensing needs. Whether you choose independent study or classroom sessions, our courses include all the required state-regulated materials. Plus, you’ll get over 1100 practice exam questions and a 1-day live in-class session to make sure you’re ready for the California real estate exam.
Agent Real Estate Schools Will Be Springing It Forward Too!
We’re not just your premier source for real estate licensing. We’re giving back to the community too. We’ve got several charity programs in the works for 2021. We’ll be assisting with forest recovery in the Sierra National Forest. Visit our Facebook and Instagram pages to find out how you can help. Follow our pages to keep up with how we’re giving back to the community.