You have two options on how you’ll take your courses. Online or in Class? Which is better and why? It really depends on your learning style.
Did you know there are five different learning styles?
Everyone has a mix of learning styles. Some people may find that they have a dominant style of learning, with far less use of the other styles. Others may find that they use different styles in different circumstances. There is no right mix. By recognizing and understanding your own personal learning styles and preferred environment, you can select the best option to improve the speed and quality and results of your learning that helps you ace your real estate salesperson exam.
The Five Styles:
- Visual: You prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
- Aural: You prefer using sound and music.
- Verbal: You prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
- Physical: You prefer using your body, hands and sense of touch.
- Logical: You prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
The Two Environments:
- Social: You prefer to learn in groups or with other people.
- Solitary: You prefer to work alone and use self-study.
- Classrooms provide the social environment and support multiple learning styles.
- If you are an auditory or visual learner, lectures may work well for you.
- Discussion groups can help people who learn best by talking through a subject or question.
- For those who learn best through reading and writing, they can take notes and review course presentation materials after class.
- In-class training uses primarily linguistic and logical teaching methods.
- Classrooms provide the structure some need to succeed.
For the learner who prefers the solitary environment, digital or online classes are perfect. Online classes can also work for others as well. Some advantages of the online class include:
- More convenient for busy adult learners
- More flexibility (note: this can be a big plus for some students and a challenge for others)
Pro’s & Con’s
|Online Courses||Live Instructor Courses|
|Flexible course schedule||Yes||No|
|Learn at your own pace||Yes||No|
|Interaction with other students||No||Yes|
|Exam preparation program included||No||Yes|
|In person classes||No||Yes|
|Access to advisor help||No||Yes|
Finally, another factor to consider when assessing the compatibility of your learning style with an online learning environment is your comfort with reading as a means of absorbing information and your ability to communicate effectively in writing. Both of which are essential to your success in an online classroom.
Is it better to take real estate classes online or in-person?
It’s better to choose between online real estate courses or in-person based on your learning style.
Are online real estate courses legitimate?
Online real estate courses are legitimate if the school is accredited. Be sure to check reviews from past students as this will give you a good idea of how helpful the school was and effective their courses were.
No matter what your style or preferred environment, Agent Real Estate School offers something for everyone. Visit our website today for more information. To find out more about becoming a real estate agent, contact Agent Real Estate Schools. Reach us at (858) 329-0999 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.